Perhaps one day I will tell you my story. For now all that you need to know is that I am a Muslim who is doing masters in Christian Theology at the Luther Seminary in St. Paul. In the mean time you can get an idea of who I am by the following principles that I aspire to live my life by.
- “People, We have created you all male and female and have made you nations and tribes so that you would recognize each other. The most honorable among you in the sight of God is the most pious of you. God is All-knowing and All-aware.” Quran 49:13
- “Return evil with good and your enemy will become a devoted friend.” Quran 41:24
- “…and nearest among them in love to the believers (Muslims) will you find those who say, ‘We are Christians,’ because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant” (Quran 5:82).
- “He who has no kindness has no faith.” – Saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- “Every human being is either your brother in faith or your brother in Humanity.” – Ali, cousin of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- “Be like the flower that gives its scent even to the hand that crushes it.” – Ali, cousin of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)